Join Claudia McCue for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Print Production Fundamentals.
- View Offline
Just a quick word about the sample files we'll be using. If you're a Premium Member of the lynda.com online training library, you'll have access to the files used in this title. By the way, not all of the chapters have exercise files. Since some of the chapters are devoted more to informational content than hands on work. But here you can see in this chapter, I've given you a starting point and then also given you the finished piece so that you can compare. Now, if you are monthly or annual subscriber to lynda.com, you don't have access to these files, but of course you can easily follow along by using your own files.
lynda.com thanks the BurdgeCooper and Lithographix printing companies for access to their facilities and permission to film on site. Learn more at www.burdgecooper.com and www.lithographix.com.
- Understanding the importance of contact proofs
- Handling corrections and alterations
- Choosing from offset, letterpress, thermographic, or digital printing options
- Understanding how the inks, colors, and paper interact
- Building a document at the correct size
- Folding and trimming
- Choosing fonts
- Working in Illustrator with swatches, effects, and more
- Laying out a document in InDesign
- Generating a final PDF
- Troubleshooting print issues
- Preflighting your print job in Acrobat
- Submitting files to the printer