Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Make Accessible Wizard, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
…Another option you have inside of Acrobat 11 for creating an…accessible PDF file is the use of a wizard that is…built into Acrobat 11 that allows you to make a file…accessible by using a wizard found inside of the Tools pane.…So let's take a look at how that works.…I'm going to start with the wizard.pdf file already open.…And I'm going to open up the Tools Pane right here.…And I'm going to open up the Action Wizard category.…
Now, a wizard is basically a way of automating certain tasks.…And Acrobat 11 ships with a number…of different wizards that you can choose from.…And you can also create your own.…But one of the actions that's included is the Make Accessible wizard.…So before I do that, let's go ahead and run…the accessibility checker on this document to see if it passes.…And as you can see, you know, we do…have, you know, some issues that are being presented here.…So, that's definitely you know, not passing.…
So let's see what the wizard does for us.…Go, go into the Action Wizard.…I'm going to click on Make Accessible.…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.