Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Use Snagit for screenshots, part of Managing Conversions Between Adobe CC and Microsoft Office.
- [Voiceover] One final tool in your arsenal of tools…with which to beat back the horrible dragon…of converting files back and forth between Office and Adobe…is a real screenshot program.…I know that both the Mac and Windows come with…screen capture software built in,…you just press a keyboard shortcut…and it makes a file that saves to your desktop.…That is not good enough.…Very often when you are doing conversions…the simplest, fastest, most expedient thing to do…is to just take a screenshot of the artwork…you're trying to move from one file to another.…
Like this Home Product Sales Total chart.…Now I will actually show you other ways…to get this out of Excel and into Photoshop…or Illustrator InDesign,…but if I were in a hurry,…what I would probably want to do…is just take a screenshot of this thing.…You want to do a screenshot…because it saves an actual file on your desktop…that you can import and that you can edit.…You don't want to try and copy and paste.…That's verboten, you don't want to copy and paste ever,…
She begins with an overview of the major differences between the suites and platforms and between Office for Mac and Office for Windows. From there, she breaks down common challenges such as importing and editing Adobe art and text in PowerPoint, using PowerPoint elements in Adobe apps, integrating Excel data and charts in Adobe apps, and more. Find solutions to your most common challenges, improve your workflow, and get the results you want.
- Understanding essential differences in the way Office and Adobe CC treat fonts, graphics, and color
- Using proprietary Adobe-to-Office conversion software
- Using the "secret weapon," Acrobat, to do conversions
- Editing Illustrator graphics in PowerPoint
- Extracting PowerPoint art for use in Adobe apps
- Creating InDesign tables from Excel spreadsheets
- Importing Excel data into Illustrator's chart worksheet
- Recreating InDesign layouts as editable Word files
- Converting Word art into high-res vector files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Essential Differences
Understand color differences6m 12s
2. Converting with Specialized Software
Use Snagit for screenshots4m 37s
3. Between Adobe Creative Apps and Microsoft PowerPoint
4. Between Microsoft Excel and Adobe Creative Apps
5. Between Adobe Creative Apps and Microsoft Word
Next steps2m 50s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.