Up and Running with Acrobat X
Over the last decade the PDF has become increasingly popular in the business world as a means of sharing information, becoming so ubiquitous that often people find themselves using PDFs without really understanding what they are and how they work. In this workshop, author and trainer Chad Chelius explains the benefits of using the PDF file format, how to control the size of your PDFs, how to collaborate with other users on a PDF document, how to share and distribute PDF files in a variety of ways, and much more. The lessons focus on business use and the Microsoft Office applications as well as on the new features available in Acrobat X, but much of the material also applies to previous versions of Acrobat.
- Customizing Acrobat X
- Navigating and searching a PDF
- Creating a PDF from the Microsoft Office applications
- Creating a PDF from other applications
- Creating a PDF from a scanner, web page, or file
- Adding a watermark, header, or footer
- Basic PDF editing
- Combining multiple files into a single PDF
- Collaborating and sharing
- PDF security
- Working with PDF forms
- [Voiceover] Hi, my name is Chad Chelius. I'm a trainer, author, consultant, and most importantly, user of Adobe software, especially Adobe Acrobat. I've been using Adobe software for more than 20 years now and have been teaching users like you how to use Adobe software more efficiently and more effectively, for about seven years. I'm really excited about this workshop. When I teach Acrobat in the classroom, I often find that users from the business world have been making PDFs for years, without really understanding what's happening behind the scenes, and why they might be getting unexpected results.
This can really limit how effective they can be. I hope to change that in this course. This workshop is focused on you, the business user. By business user, I mean people who work in a computing environment using Microsoft Office, who often need to make PDF files from Office applications to share or distribute to other people. In this course, I'll explain the benefits of using the PDF file format, how to control the overall size of your PDF files, how to collaborate with other users on a PDF document, how to share and distribute PDF files in a variety of ways, and much more.
Acrobat X introduces many new features that will be covered in this workshop, including the new Actions Wizard, a new interface, and an improved portfolio creation wizard, among others. Even though this title will focus on Acrobat X Pro, many of the concepts covered will be applicable to Acrobat X Standard and even previous versions of Acrobat as well.
Creating Photography Ebooks26,785 Views
Artist at Work: Native American Tribal Illustration27,452 Views
Documenting AutoCAD 3D Models11,402 Views
iPad Music Production: AmpliTube34,108 Views
Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features47,959 Views
Acrobat X Essential Training715,657 Views
InDesign CC Essential Training (2013)2,912,634 Views
Deke's Techniques1,560,305 Views
InDesign Secrets1,515,725 Views
Illustrator CC Essential Training (2013)3,062,460 Views