Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the workflow, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
…So what does a typical workflow look like…when it comes to creating accessible PDF files?…Well, it can vary depending on the type of documents that you create and…the source application that creates it, but…the typical workflow looks something like this.…You start with a source document.…Now that document can be any number of document types, such as an InDesign…file, a QuarkXPress file, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint,…even a text file, and others as well.…And the idea is to make the edits and modifications in the source file, such…as alternate text, tagging, hyperlinks, and bookmarks that…will pass through to the resulting PDF file.…
Now you may be thinking, can't I just take a PDF file and make it accessible?…The answer is yes, you can take an existing PDF file, make additions and…modifications and adjustments to that file to make the file an accessible PDF file.…But you should know that of these two different work flows, the one that is…more efficient and provides the greatest control is…the one that begins with a source document.…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
InDesign Insider Training: Interactive PDFswith David Blatner2h 22m Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.