Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding outline levels, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
…Styles provide a way to consistently format the text in your Word document.…But to more accurately define the structure in a resulting…PDF document, we'll need to assign outline levels to those styles.…Now as a reminder, you can assign outline…levels using the Mac version of Word as well.…However the information will not get passed onto the PDF on the Mac platform.…You'll need to move this document over to a…Windows computer and generate the PDF file from there.…Now I'm beginning this video with the…outline Word document already open on my computer.…
And to show you what we currently have,…I'm going to generate a PDF from this document.…So what we're going to do is we're going to come up here to the Acrobat tab.…And I'm simply going to click on the Preferences button.…And we just want to make sure that Enable…Accessibility and Reflow with tagged Adobe PDF is checked.…That's very important so that we create a tagged PDF.…So we'll go ahead and click OK.…And then I'm simply going to click the Create PDF button.…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
InDesign Insider Training: Interactive PDFswith David Blatner2h 22m Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.