Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding InDesign styles, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…InDesign provides some incredibly powerful styles that allow you…to consistently format text in any way that you wish.…From an accessibility standpoint, styles are the hooks, if you will, that allow…us to associate text in an InDesign document to a specific PDF tag.…Let's briefly look at how to create and apply styles in InDesign.…I'm beginning this video with the styles.indd file already open on…my computer, and you can see that we have a tri-fold brochure.…
And what we're going to do is we're…going to jump over to the second spread here.…And we're going to focus, I'll just zoom in.…On the upper left corner here, because we want to focus on this area of…text because all the other areas, as you can see, have a style applied.…You can actually see that up here.…But what we can do to make this easier is we can…go to the Window menu, go to Styles, and choose Paragraph Styles.…And I'm just going to dock this over here,…because we're going to be using it quite a bit.…
So if you look in this document, you can see…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
InDesign Insider Training: Interactive PDFswith David Blatner2h 22m Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.