Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Understand color differences, part of Managing Conversions Between Adobe CC and Microsoft Office.
- [Voiceover] Another major difference between Adobe CC apps…and Microsoft Office apps is how they define color,…that is what kind of color libraries they offer.…This comes into play when you try to convert an object…that's been colored with a source color library…that's not available in the receiving program,…and what happens is that in the receiving program…it just gets converted.…Now there's not much you can do about it,…it's just good to be aware of what's happening,…and there're some instances where your boss or a client…might say, "I want this exact color,"…and it's going to be something that is impossible to do.…
So let's just take a look at a couple of different programs…from Office and from the Creative Cloud.…If you're not familiar with what I'm talking about,…then I think you'll find this very illuminating.…Right now I'm in Adobe InDesign…and I've got a frame here, a box,…and if I want to fill it with a color…I go to the Swatches panel, which has some built-in colors,…and these happen to be all CMYK colors.…
She begins with an overview of the major differences between the suites and platforms and between Office for Mac and Office for Windows. From there, she breaks down common challenges such as importing and editing Adobe art and text in PowerPoint, using PowerPoint elements in Adobe apps, integrating Excel data and charts in Adobe apps, and more. Find solutions to your most common challenges, improve your workflow, and get the results you want.
- Understanding essential differences in the way Office and Adobe CC treat fonts, graphics, and color
- Using proprietary Adobe-to-Office conversion software
- Using the "secret weapon," Acrobat, to do conversions
- Editing Illustrator graphics in PowerPoint
- Extracting PowerPoint art for use in Adobe apps
- Creating InDesign tables from Excel spreadsheets
- Importing Excel data into Illustrator's chart worksheet
- Recreating InDesign layouts as editable Word files
- Converting Word art into high-res vector files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Essential Differences
Understand color differences6m 12s
2. Converting with Specialized Software
Use Snagit for screenshots4m 37s
3. Between Adobe Creative Apps and Microsoft PowerPoint
4. Between Microsoft Excel and Adobe Creative Apps
5. Between Adobe Creative Apps and Microsoft Word
Next steps2m 50s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.