We do as much as we can in Word to facilitate a well tagged and structured PDF file. But there’s always some cleanup to be done at the end. See what remains to do after exporting by watching this video.
- [Instructor] So once you're finished…adding all of the properties inside of the Word document…and you've created your PDF…there's typically a few touch ups…that need to be done to make that PDF fully compliant.…And what I'm going to do here is I'm just going to…come over here to the Accessibility category…and I'm going to run the full check.…So I'm going to go ahead and click Start Checking.…You'll see here that, you know,…we have a very clean document.…Not many errors.…I'm going to open up this category…and we had added the metadata in the Word document…but one of the things that we always run into…is that the title is always going to fail.…
And that's simply because, even though we have a title,…that has been passed on to the PDF by the Word document…it's not being set to be displayed…and I'm just going to show you here.…I'm going to go to the File menu, and choose Properties…so that you can see that we do, in fact,…have the title and the other metadata that we added.…And so, the good news is, all you have to do…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.