Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Tagging tables in Acrobat, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
…When remediating a PDF document that contains tables, or at least content…that should be read as tables, it's important they are tagged as such.…Remember because Acrobat has no recollection…that elements should be a table,…you need to tell Acrobat that it is, in fact, a table.…Now I'm beginning this video with the…tables.pdf file already open on my computer.…And I just want to show you that if I open up my…tags panel, we currently don't have any tags at all in here.…Now I'm going to give Acrobat a shot, I'm going to go to the…option button up here, and I'm going to choose add tags to document.…
If we go to the tags panel here, just going to open these…up, we can see that as we go down the list here that…when we get over, you can see that the table is kind of…jumping around, and we have some really odd stuff that's currently being selected.…So you know first and foremost, that table has not been tagged as a table.…And if we go over to this one, probably going to run into the same problem here.…You can see that portions of the table are tagged at different points.…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
InDesign Insider Training: Interactive PDFswith David Blatner2h 22m Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.