Tables have a specific structure in tagged PDF files. If you’re familiar with tables in HTML, this will be very familiar. Watch this video to learn how to tag tables from scratch.
- [Instructor] One of the more challenging things…that you will have to do when remediating a PDF document…is tagging the tables inside of that document.…So, what I'd like to do is show you how we tag a table…from scratch and then talk about some of the requirements…of tables and how they need to be structured.…So, I'm going to navigate to page 19 of this file…and I'm going to go ahead and zoom in on this table…up here at the top.…A couple of things with tables you have to keep in mind.…
First of which is that every table has to have a header…associated with it.…Whenever you have a table that has no headers,…you're going to get an error.…So, this table has a very obvious header,…which is this first row here and we're going to talk about that…a little bit later, but for now to tag this table…we need to tag the fundamental element of the table,…which is a cell.…Just to kind of give you a background on tables,…rows run horizontally, columns run vertically.…
But when you're tagging a table, we basically…establish the columns based on the number of cells…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.