Microsoft Word adds some new techniques for tagging table headers along with the traditional method of tagging table headers. Occasionally, both methods are required. Watch this video to learn how.
- [Instructor] The latest version of Word 2016…adds some new functionality to tables…that makes thing a little bit easier…than they used to be when it comes…to properly tagging tables for PDF accessibility.…Now, I've discovered that in certain enterprise versions…of Word 2016, in my case it was the Professional Plus…version, this functionality did not work.…So, if you're in that situation, don't worry.…I'm going to show you the older tried and true method as well.…Now, I'm beginning this video with the tables word document…open on my computer, and I'm going to scroll down…to the tables that I have in this document,…and I want to point out that, when I built this document,…each one of these tables is it's own table.…
Originally, some people might want to…build this as one big table.…That becomes difficult to remediate…because we have header cells halfway down in the table.…So, it makes it much easier if you…break them apart into individual tables.…Now, I'm going to start by selecting this table,…and the new functionality that I'm referring to…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.