Bulleted and numbered lists need to be tagged in a unique way for PDF accessibility. Learn basic and more advanced list tagging in this video.
- [Instructor] So, the next thing that I wanted…to cover is how to properly tag lists in a PDF file.…Lists need to be tagged in a unique way.…I wanted to show you how that's accomplished,…requires a couple of extra steps.…We're going to start by using the…reading order panel to do this.…So, what I'm going to do is I'm going to navigate…into my document, and the first list…that I encounter is on page seven.…So, I'm going to go ahead and zoom in on that list…so it's easier for me to see, and I'm going to go ahead…and open up that reading order panel,…and you can see, if you're starting with the document…that I have in this lesson's folder,…you're going to notice that the lists currently are not tagged.…
So, what I'm going to do is I'm going to use…my reading order panel and I'm going to come over here…and I'm going to select the first…bulleted item that we see here,…and you see I have to take a nice big swipe…to get everything, and you're going to notice up here,…and this is a slightly frustrating thing,…but there's no list button available in here.…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.