The first step in remediating an existing PDF file, is tagging the content of the file. This is accomplished with the Reading Order tool. Watch this video to learn how this is done.
- So in this video, I'd like to show you…how to start adding tags to your document…so that we can properly identify…the elements in the document…so that it'll be properly read and navigable…by somebody using assisted software.…So I'm starting here with the tagging.pdf file open…on my computer and just to kind of reiterate…come over here to my tags pane…you'll notice right here we have the dreaded message here…that says no tags available.…
So that means we've got some work to do.…So I'm going to go ahead and close this for now.…The way that we're going to tag the content of this file…is using the Reading Order tool.…I'm going to access that by coming down here…and clicking on the Accessibility button.…I'm going to click on Reading Order.…Now in the February update of Acrobat Pro DC…this has been renamed.…It used to be called the Touch-up Reading Order Tool.…It really functions in the same way…but they added some new functionality,…they've renamed some of these buttons that you might notice.…
You can see that this is now called Text Paragraph…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.