The use of styles and the defining of outline levels in those styles is key to proper tag structure in the exported PDF file. Learn how to use styles and define outline levels in this video.
- [Instructor] To ensure proper heading structure…in an exported PDF document, it's critical to use…styles in Word.…Styles provide the link between the content that is…exported and the tag that's associated with that content.…Let's take a closer look at how this works…and how to set up the document.…So I'm beginning this video with the styles…Word document already open on my computer…and what I'm going to do, is I'm just going to scroll down…a little bit in my document.…Let's say I'll go to maybe page six here…and I'm going to click in this text at the top…that says Section One.…
Now what you're going to notice is that the heading…one style is applied to that text…and you can see this in the quick styles up here at the top.…I actually like to click on this icon in the lower right…corner to display the panel of styes.…I just find it a little bit easier to work with.…But it's really not necessary, it's really a preference.…And it's just easy for me to see that heading one…is applied to that text, and in this case,…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.