In this video, Chad Chelius talks about the importance of tag order and the difference between the tag order and the order as seen in the Order pane within Adobe Acrobat.
- [Instructor] Order can be a tricky thing…to understand when working with accessible PDF files.…Partly due to the fact that Acrobat uses…terminology that is confusing to the uninitiated.…Let me explain how order affects PDF files…from an accessibility perspective.…Now I'm beginning this video with the order.pdf…file open on my computer…and when you and I look at this document…as a sighted user, our eyes and brain…just kind of automatically put things in order…because the numbers are being displayed from left to right.…
We kind of instinctively just in our heads…say one, two, three, four and everything…makes perfect sense,…but what we run into with accessibility…is that just because things look a certain way…on the page, doesn't mean that that's how they're going to…be read, so for example let me show you something.…In Acrobat, I'm going to go to the view menu…and I'm going to go down to read out loud…and I'm going to choose activate read out loud.…And then I'm going to go to the view menu again…and I'm going to choose read out loud, read…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.