- Deciding on the type of package
- Considering the consumer experience
- Replicating an existing package
- Adding flaps and fold-in tabs
- Using Illustrator and InDesign for layout
- Creating a dieline
- Checking the mockup
- Preparing your jobs for the printer
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hello, I'm Claudia McCue, and together we're going to explore the basics of designing for packaging. We'll take a look at the different kinds of packaging and the different jobs a package has to preform. And then we'll concentrate on Adobe Illustrator and in design techniques for building artwork correctly for folding cartons. So come on and let's go into the third dimension and let's start thinking about Designing for Packaging.
Print Production: Spot Colors and Varnishwith Claudia McCue1h 57m Intermediate
1. Types of Packaging
2. Planning a Package
3. Dieline = Road Map
4. Designing in Illustrator
5. Designing in InDesign
6. Final Steps
Checking the mockup4m 25s
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.