We now have PDFMaker on both Mac and Windows. PDFMaker is the tool that passes the accessibility information on to the PDF file for proper compliance. See how to create a PDF file using the PDFMaker on both Mac and Windows platforms.
- [Instructor] When you install Adobe Acrobat…on your computer,…behind the scenes it adds a powerful tool for creating PDFs…from the Office applications called PDF Maker.…For creating accessible PDF files,…this is what you want to use…when generating a PDF document from your source files.…Now, I have the PDF Maker Word document…open on my screen right now.…But it's important to know…that you have the PDF Maker in Excel and PowerPoint as well.…So, let's take a closer look at the PDF Maker.…The PDF Maker you're going to find…way up here at the top of your screen.…
You'll notice that you have a tab called Acrobat.…And when you click on that,…it's going to show you all of the options available…within the PDF Maker.…Now, before you get started,…one of the things you want to do is set the preferences…for how the PDF file is going to be generated.…So, if you come up here and click on the Preferences button,…it's going to display the settings that are going to be used…to generate the PDF file.…Now, some of these are optional,…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.