Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Office for Mac vs. Office for Windows, part of Managing Conversions Between Adobe CC and Microsoft Office.
- [Voiceover] Is there a difference between Microsoft Office…for Windows and Microsoft Office for the Mac,…as far as Power Point, Word, or Excel are concerned?…Er, 90% of it is the same between the two platforms,…but the Windows versions definitely have an edge,…an edge that you might find useful…when you're trying to convert.…And that's what this video is about.…I'm going to show you some of those differences.…And I know this is a shocker for Mac users,…because, you know, they think…that they have the best in class for everything, right?…But the simple matter is that Microsoft controls Windows…so Office for Windows will have a few more features.…
Let me show you some of the big differences.…We're running Office right now in Windows,…we're looking at Excel.…I would say the first big difference…between the Mac and the Windows versions…is that in Windows we have this cool Acrobat tab.…So when you click Acrobat,…it actually has a built-in PDF maker…that creates very intelligent PDFs…from each of these programs.…And you'll find that Word has it as well,…
She begins with an overview of the major differences between the suites and platforms and between Office for Mac and Office for Windows. From there, she breaks down common challenges such as importing and editing Adobe art and text in PowerPoint, using PowerPoint elements in Adobe apps, integrating Excel data and charts in Adobe apps, and more. Find solutions to your most common challenges, improve your workflow, and get the results you want.
- Understanding essential differences in the way Office and Adobe CC treat fonts, graphics, and color
- Using proprietary Adobe-to-Office conversion software
- Using the "secret weapon," Acrobat, to do conversions
- Editing Illustrator graphics in PowerPoint
- Extracting PowerPoint art for use in Adobe apps
- Creating InDesign tables from Excel spreadsheets
- Importing Excel data into Illustrator's chart worksheet
- Recreating InDesign layouts as editable Word files
- Converting Word art into high-res vector files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Essential Differences
Understand color differences6m 12s
2. Converting with Specialized Software
Use Snagit for screenshots4m 37s
3. Between Adobe Creative Apps and Microsoft PowerPoint
4. Between Microsoft Excel and Adobe Creative Apps
5. Between Adobe Creative Apps and Microsoft Word
Next steps2m 50s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.