Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Managing Conversions Between Adobe CC and Microsoft Office.
- [Voiceover] Hey there!…Thank you so much for watching this course,…however many videos you watched in it.…I hope you learned as much about converting…between Adobe and Office files as I did.…I can tell you, I learned a ton in prepping for this course.…I knew it was a question that so many clients of mine…had asked me over the years about help with doing this,…but I never knew how many possibilities there were…for getting these two different suites to work together…as you've learned.…I have a few tips to share with you…and other places that you might want to investigate…really quickly.…
First of all, I think I've mentioned a few times…that I have another course on Lynda.com…called Using Word and InDesign Together.…And if this is your thing that you are trying to figure out,…please take a look at some of these videos,…there are many hours of videos here…that discuss the minutiae of different topics…having to do with Word and InDesign.…In this course that you just watched, you know,…I only had a couple of videos to tell you what I knew.…
She begins with an overview of the major differences between the suites and platforms and between Office for Mac and Office for Windows. From there, she breaks down common challenges such as importing and editing Adobe art and text in PowerPoint, using PowerPoint elements in Adobe apps, integrating Excel data and charts in Adobe apps, and more. Find solutions to your most common challenges, improve your workflow, and get the results you want.
- Understanding essential differences in the way Office and Adobe CC treat fonts, graphics, and color
- Using proprietary Adobe-to-Office conversion software
- Using the "secret weapon," Acrobat, to do conversions
- Editing Illustrator graphics in PowerPoint
- Extracting PowerPoint art for use in Adobe apps
- Creating InDesign tables from Excel spreadsheets
- Importing Excel data into Illustrator's chart worksheet
- Recreating InDesign layouts as editable Word files
- Converting Word art into high-res vector files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Essential Differences
Understand color differences6m 12s
2. Converting with Specialized Software
Use Snagit for screenshots4m 37s
3. Between Adobe Creative Apps and Microsoft PowerPoint
4. Between Microsoft Excel and Adobe Creative Apps
5. Between Adobe Creative Apps and Microsoft Word
Next steps2m 50s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.