Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…I'd really like to thank you for watching this course.…You may be asking the question, well, where do I go from here?…Well, I have some useful sites that you can access that can help you not…only extend your Accessibility knowledge, but also make…you more informed about different aspects of Accessibility.…So, the first website I have here is…the PAC, or the PDF accessibility checker website.…The PAC checker is a much more robust Adobe…PDF accessibility checker than the one that's built into Acrobat.…
Matter of fact it finds, a lot more issues but it really…does kind of guarantee, you know, that a file is going to be compliant.…As I mentioned earlier in this course, you know, different…agencies, different companies seem to…have different levels of accessibility requirements.…And therefore it becomes a challenge knowing that your file is going to…pass, you know, through the checker, so this is a more robust checker…that you may want to check out, and, and if it passes here,…there's a really, really good chance it's going to pass in many other agencies.…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
InDesign Insider Training: Interactive PDFswith David Blatner2h 22m Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.