She begins with an overview of the major differences between the suites and platforms and between Office for Mac and Office for Windows. From there, she breaks down common challenges such as importing and editing Adobe art and text in PowerPoint, using PowerPoint elements in Adobe apps, integrating Excel data and charts in Adobe apps, and more. Find solutions to your most common challenges, improve your workflow, and get the results you want.
- Understanding essential differences in the way Office and Adobe CC treat fonts, graphics, and color
- Using proprietary Adobe-to-Office conversion software
- Using the "secret weapon," Acrobat, to do conversions
- Editing Illustrator graphics in PowerPoint
- Extracting PowerPoint art for use in Adobe apps
- Creating InDesign tables from Excel spreadsheets
- Importing Excel data into Illustrator's chart worksheet
- Recreating InDesign layouts as editable Word files
- Converting Word art into high-res vector files
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi there, my name is Anne-Marie "Her Geekness" Concepción author of many fine courses on Adobe InDesign, Acrobat and Word. And I'm thrilled to welcome you to this brand new course I created, Managing Conversions Between Adobe Creative Cloud, CC, and Microsoft Office. I wanted to create this course because I know that for designers, it's very common for their clients to ask for an editable Microsoft Word version of, say, the letterhead they designed for them in InDesign, or the annual report.
Or sales people may love the PDF slide deck it's gorgeous but they want it in PowerPoint so they can customize it for their sales prospects. And it's a two way street. Designers often need to extract charts from Excel for example, to include in a publication that's going to be commercially printed. Or, grab images out of a PowerPoint presentation. I cover all that and more in this course. Focusing on the three main programs from each suite. Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint on both the Mac and Windows platforms.
During this course you'll learn how each of these programs handles graphic formats, fonts, styled text, color and object editing and you'll learn some amazing, undocumented tips and hidden techniques for converting your files from one format to another. Come join me now as I show you the power, the beauty and the fun of converting files, text and graphics from Office apps to the Creative Cloud apps and back.