When preparing a Word document for export to accessible PDF format, there are some design considerations you should keep in mind. Learn about those considerations in this video.
- [Instructor] There are some things…that you should keep in mind…when you're building a document in Word.…And if you consider these things…during the creation process, you'll make life…a lot easier throughout the PDF remediation process.…Let's just go over a few things before we dive in.…Now, I'm beginning this video with the Layout Word document…already open on my computer.…You can see that this is very similar to the document…that we were working on in the previous chapter,…although it looks slightly different…because Word has certain limitations…that are inherent to the application itself.…
So, what we've done in this document…is we've created an employee manual…based on the functionality contained inside of Word.…Now, Word has a very natural top-to-bottom flow to it.…And, because of that, it really makes it easy…to define the order of objects when they're exported to PDF.…As you see things on the page,…and as I click and drag, you can see…this content is basically flowing from top to bottom,…and as you're going to see a little bit later,…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.