Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Keep contrast in mind, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
…One area of accessibility that applies…primarily to low vision readers is contrast.…The WCAG guidelines give some guidance as to…how much contrast is required for accessibility purposes.…But in my experience, at this point in time, different…agencies and companies have different requirements on the subject of contrast.…So how do you know how much contrast you have?…Well, one of the tools that I use on a regular basis is the WebAIM website,…that provides a way for you to check your color contrast in your document.…
And it's a really useful tool because you can define the…foreground and background color and it will tell you the contrast ratio.…So you can see the default here is 8.6:1.…And then it tells you for normal and…large text whether that contrast ratio passes or not.…So, one of the things you'll notice is that you can click in this field and…you can pick whatever color you want, so I'll pick kind of a, a muted color here.…And you'll notice that basically everything fails because that color is too…light to work with, you know, the, the colors or the contrast that is required.…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
InDesign Insider Training: Interactive PDFswith David Blatner2h 22m Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.