In this video, watch as a user utilizes the JAWS reader to read a PDF document.
- [Instructor] As someone who is tasked…with remediating PDF documents…I think it's valuable to see…what it's like for users to use assistive technology.…So, in the following video you'll see…the PDF document that we're going to be working with…that has already been remediated…being read using JAWS Screen Reading Software.…While watching this video,…take note to the ability of the user…to navigate headings, lists,…and tables and how that content is read.…Note also how, when the user is reading a table,…that the headings are read when navigating to a cell…to let the user know…which headings are associated with each cell.…
- [JAWS] Title is Landon Hotels Employee…Manual dash Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017.…There are 51 headings, nine at level one,…42 at level two, this is an HTML or PDF document.…You can use the standard JAWS reading commands…or navigation quick keys to navigate…and read this document.…Heading list dialogue.…Headings list new employee manual colon one.…Contents colon one.…Section one colon introduction colon one.…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.