Hyperlinks created in Adobe InDesign are properly tagged in the exported PDF file. See how to create hyperlinks in InDesign by watching this video.
- [Instructor] It's important…that any hyperlinks in your documents inside of InDesign,…are properly generated so that when we export…to the PDF file,…that those hyperlinks have the proper tag associated…with them and they're navigable.…So what I'm going to do here is I'm going to jump…to page 13 in InDesign…and in the second paragraph up here at the top,…we have a email address that we want…to become an active hyperlink.…
So the way that we're going to do that…is we're going to open up our hyperlinks panel.…So I'm going to go to the window menu, under interactive,…and choose hyperlinks.…And I'll just float this over here for now.…And what I'm going to do…is I'm going to highlight this email address.…And inside of the hyperlinks panel,…I'm going to come down here…and click on the create new hyperlink button.…And that's going to bring up the new hyperlink dialog box.…And when you look…at the menu…at the top of the dialog box here,…you could choose from a number of different link types.…
And so typically, if you're doing, like a web URL,…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.