New in InDesign CC 2018 is the fact that indexes are properly tagged in an exported PDF file. See how to create an index in this video.
- [Instructor] In earlier versions of InDesign,…you could always create an index for a document.…The problem had been that,…when it was exported to accessible pdf format,…that the index was not properly tagged.…So in InDesign CC 2018, that problem has been remedied,…and the index is now tagged properly when exported to pdf.…So let's take a look at that.…I'm going to open up my index panel…by going to the window menu, type in tables, index.…
And I've actually already just kind of selectively…gone through this document and added some words to the index…so that we can use this as a reference.…If you want more details on how to use the index feature…and how to build your own index,…there's a lot of great InDesign content on LinkedIn Learning…that you can reference to learn how to do that.…So I'm going to go ahead and go down to page 21,…and I'm going to insert a new page after it.…So I'll just kind of click the create new page button.…
And I'm going to delete this frame that's on this page,…'cause that's using the master text frame…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.