Paragraph styles are a key element to give you the control that you need when exporting to the accessible PDF format. Learn how that metadata is added by watching this video.
- [Instructor] One of the most important things…that you can do in your InDesign layout…to ensure proper tagging when you export…to an accessible PDF, is to utilize paragraph styles…when you're formatting the text of the document.…By using styles, not only do you get…consistent formatting throughout the document…which doesn't really affect accessibility per se,…but by using those styles, we can control…which tag gets assigned to that text when…it gets exported to a PDF, and I'm…going to show you how that works.…
So, I'm beginning this video with…the styles dot INDD file already open,…and I want to start looking at some of…the paragraph styles in this document.…So, I'm going to open up my paragraph styles panel…by going to the window menu, styles, paragraph styles,…and I'll just kind of dock that over here…so it's at the ready, and what I'm going to do…is I'm going to start by scrolling down towards…the bottom of the page and I'm just going to click inside…of the text that says employee manual,…and even though the text is fairly small,…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.