Adobe InDesign gives you infinite layout possibilites. There are a few things you should keep in mind, however, when accessible PDF is your destination format.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'd like to just talk about…some of the considerations to keep in mind…when you're working in InDesign and you know…that the intent is going to be an accessible PDF…or at least that's part of the project.…So the document that we're using in this course…is kind of indicative of the type of document…that would probably need to be made accessible,…but it's not the only type of document that you're going to…encounter and I just kind of want to point out…a few things that are going to help you…and some things to keep in mind.…
So this is an employee manual and you'll notice…on the first page, we've got an image that's floating.…We've got another image here.…That's a logo up here and then we've got a text frame…down here and then we kind of get into the table of contents…and then beyond that, we get into the basically…interior of the document and essentially…all of this content, I'm actually going to turn off…preview mode for a second.…You could see that all of the content is flowing…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.