Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Import formatted Word text into InDesign, part of Managing Conversions Between Adobe CC and Microsoft Office.
- [Voiceover] And now we come to Microsoft Word.…We're surrounded by bazillions of Word files,…and I'm really excited to be working on this chapter…about the best ways to get content out of Word files…into Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign, and vice verse.…So let's start out with the one that I think…most people are concerned about.…How do I get the text out of Word and into InDesign…without my head exploding?…That's usually a problem having to do with formatting,…in which I'll get into in a bit.…Actually, before I even jump into that,…let me recommend, sorry, but it's a plug…for another course of mine, I did an entire course…on using Microsoft Word and InDesign together,…going back and forth between the programs.…
So I will be giving you the very basics…about the best ways to get text out of Word…and into InDesign, but for more information…or if you're having problems with a particular Word file,…please, by all means, jump over to this course,…and check out one of these wonderful videos.…Okay, back to our regularly scheduled program.…
She begins with an overview of the major differences between the suites and platforms and between Office for Mac and Office for Windows. From there, she breaks down common challenges such as importing and editing Adobe art and text in PowerPoint, using PowerPoint elements in Adobe apps, integrating Excel data and charts in Adobe apps, and more. Find solutions to your most common challenges, improve your workflow, and get the results you want.
- Understanding essential differences in the way Office and Adobe CC treat fonts, graphics, and color
- Using proprietary Adobe-to-Office conversion software
- Using the "secret weapon," Acrobat, to do conversions
- Editing Illustrator graphics in PowerPoint
- Extracting PowerPoint art for use in Adobe apps
- Creating InDesign tables from Excel spreadsheets
- Importing Excel data into Illustrator's chart worksheet
- Recreating InDesign layouts as editable Word files
- Converting Word art into high-res vector files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Essential Differences
Understand color differences6m 12s
2. Converting with Specialized Software
Use Snagit for screenshots4m 37s
3. Between Adobe Creative Apps and Microsoft PowerPoint
4. Between Microsoft Excel and Adobe Creative Apps
5. Between Adobe Creative Apps and Microsoft Word
Next steps2m 50s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.