Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Import formatted Word text into Illustrator, part of Managing Conversions Between Adobe CC and Microsoft Office.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] So you have a Word document…and you need to get this text into an Illustrator file.…Now I would be really surprised if you needed…to get this amount of text into Illustrator,…but it might happen.…And it's kind of interesting that Illustrator…has a place command similar…to InDesign's place command for text.…Let's talk about this Word file first…and then I'll jump over to Illustrator…and show you some ideas about bringing in the text.…This Word file is a formatted document,…just two pages long,…and it's using styles, which is important…if you are concerned about retaining formatting,…which I usually am, because I don't like to redo work.…
And if the Word user went to the trouble of using styles…to do the formatting that will make my life easier…in Illustrator, as you'll see in a second.…To see if the Word user used styles…you do the same thing I just showed in the InDesign movie,…but perhaps you didn't even bother looking at that,…so let me repeat that.…In recent versions of Word…you're looking for the style pane,…
She begins with an overview of the major differences between the suites and platforms and between Office for Mac and Office for Windows. From there, she breaks down common challenges such as importing and editing Adobe art and text in PowerPoint, using PowerPoint elements in Adobe apps, integrating Excel data and charts in Adobe apps, and more. Find solutions to your most common challenges, improve your workflow, and get the results you want.
- Understanding essential differences in the way Office and Adobe CC treat fonts, graphics, and color
- Using proprietary Adobe-to-Office conversion software
- Using the "secret weapon," Acrobat, to do conversions
- Editing Illustrator graphics in PowerPoint
- Extracting PowerPoint art for use in Adobe apps
- Creating InDesign tables from Excel spreadsheets
- Importing Excel data into Illustrator's chart worksheet
- Recreating InDesign layouts as editable Word files
- Converting Word art into high-res vector files