Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Import art from Adobe apps into Word, part of Managing Conversions Between Adobe CC and Microsoft Office.
- [Voiceover] Now let's talk about getting…Adobe-sourced artwork into a Microsoft Word document.…Word can actually import a lot of different kinds…of file formats, many more in current versions…than it could in previous versions.…I think I've already shown in a couple movies in this title…how you can import an EPS graphic and a Photoshop graphic,…but I wanted to develop one full movie…just to talk about this because I think it's pretty neat.…So what we have here are a variety of files…that I'd like to get into my Microsoft Word document.…
Let's look at them in Preview Mode.…We have asparagus, well, misspelled, .psd, a PSD file;…a bird of paradise made with vectors from Adobe Illustrator,…it's what AI is;…cover of a booklet saved as a PDF;…here is a GlobeBank, an 8-page document…that is a PDF file;…another fullscreen Photoshop file;…and our friend, the Adobe Illustrator, web page mockup…that we've worked with a few times.…
So that's what the files look like.…Now let's go to Microsoft Word and see what we can import.…
She begins with an overview of the major differences between the suites and platforms and between Office for Mac and Office for Windows. From there, she breaks down common challenges such as importing and editing Adobe art and text in PowerPoint, using PowerPoint elements in Adobe apps, integrating Excel data and charts in Adobe apps, and more. Find solutions to your most common challenges, improve your workflow, and get the results you want.
- Understanding essential differences in the way Office and Adobe CC treat fonts, graphics, and color
- Using proprietary Adobe-to-Office conversion software
- Using the "secret weapon," Acrobat, to do conversions
- Editing Illustrator graphics in PowerPoint
- Extracting PowerPoint art for use in Adobe apps
- Creating InDesign tables from Excel spreadsheets
- Importing Excel data into Illustrator's chart worksheet
- Recreating InDesign layouts as editable Word files
- Converting Word art into high-res vector files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Essential Differences
Understand color differences6m 12s
2. Converting with Specialized Software
Use Snagit for screenshots4m 37s
3. Between Adobe Creative Apps and Microsoft PowerPoint
4. Between Microsoft Excel and Adobe Creative Apps
5. Between Adobe Creative Apps and Microsoft Word
Next steps2m 50s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.