Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video How font usage differs between suites, part of Managing Conversions Between Adobe CC and Microsoft Office.
- [Voiceover] Okay, besides the file formats themselves,…the differences between Office files…and Adobe Creative Suite files, there are three…gotchas that are going to occur as you…figure out how to convert assets and files…from one format to another.…And these three obstacles that you're going to encounter…are fonts, graphics file formats, and colors.…I wanna devote one short video lesson to each one of these…and let's start out with talking about fonts.…
In general, things aren't that bad.…Because though Office likes True Type fonts,…it comes bundled with True Type fonts,…and Adobe Creative Cloud and earlier versions of the program…likes OpenType fonts, these guys with the Os,…you can see that, if you have installed Office,…that its True Type fonts are available to you…in Adobe Creative Cloud.…And vice versa.…If you've installed Adobe Creative Cloud…and you're in an Office program, all of the OpenType fonts…are also available to you.…
Now, here in the Macintosh version of Office,…we unfortunately don't get to have the little labels…
She begins with an overview of the major differences between the suites and platforms and between Office for Mac and Office for Windows. From there, she breaks down common challenges such as importing and editing Adobe art and text in PowerPoint, using PowerPoint elements in Adobe apps, integrating Excel data and charts in Adobe apps, and more. Find solutions to your most common challenges, improve your workflow, and get the results you want.
- Understanding essential differences in the way Office and Adobe CC treat fonts, graphics, and color
- Using proprietary Adobe-to-Office conversion software
- Using the "secret weapon," Acrobat, to do conversions
- Editing Illustrator graphics in PowerPoint
- Extracting PowerPoint art for use in Adobe apps
- Creating InDesign tables from Excel spreadsheets
- Importing Excel data into Illustrator's chart worksheet
- Recreating InDesign layouts as editable Word files
- Converting Word art into high-res vector files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Essential Differences
Understand color differences6m 12s
2. Converting with Specialized Software
Use Snagit for screenshots4m 37s
3. Between Adobe Creative Apps and Microsoft PowerPoint
4. Between Microsoft Excel and Adobe Creative Apps
5. Between Adobe Creative Apps and Microsoft Word
Next steps2m 50s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.