Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Generating a PDF file from Word on a Mac, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
…Adobe PDF Maker is currently not available on the Mac platform.…So even though we can add the features, such as hyperlinks, bookmarks, styles, and…outline levels, we can't pass that information…onto a PDF file on the Mac platform.…You need to open the Word document on a Windows computer to make that happen.…Now realistically not everyone has that capability, so let's walk…through creating a PDF document from Word on the Mac platform.…I'm beginning this video with the PDF Mac.docx file already open on my computer.…
And what I'm going to do here is, you know you'll notice that up here at the…top of the interface on the Windows platform,…we would have an additional tab for acrobat.…And as you can see, that is glaringly not available.…So the only way we can make this PDF, is by going to File>Print.…And as we know, this is kind of the kiss of death.…You know, we go through File>Print and that automatically is, is…going to not allow me to push accessible features through there.…
Now, one of the things we'll do is down here in the lower left corner, it gets…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.