PowerPoint and Excel don’t provide as much control as Word does, but there are some things we can do to help generate an accessible PDF file. There are some things you should consider when working with these files. Learn what they are in this video.
- [Instructor] When exporting PDF files…from Excel and PowerPoint there are some considerations…that we should take into account…when we're working inside of these files.…Although we have a lot more control…inside of Microsoft Word for how that file…gets exported, we still have some control…over how the file is generated, but more importantly,…it's important to understand how the file gets created…and what to expect when you make that PDF.…
So, I'm starting this video in the Excel…Considerations file, and one of the first things…I'm going to show you is that if you go to the File tab…in either Excel or PowerPoint we have the same…properties that are displayed over here…with the option to add a title, and as you already know,…the title is a required element,…a required piece of metadata when…you export to an accessible PDF file.…So, you can add the title for your document there.…If I switch over to PowerPoint…you're going to notice the exact same thing.…
We have a title field where we can add that information.…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.