- [Instructor] Microsoft Word allows you to insert … footnotes and endnotes in a document … that also aid in navigating the content … when exported to an accessible PDF file. … So let's take a quick look at that, … and we'll go over the process of inserting them … as well as what they look like when they're exported. … So I'm beginning this video with the Footnotes document … already open, and I'm just going to scroll down to page 12 … in my document. … And what I'm going to do is, right after the last paragraph … under 3.16, I want to insert a footnote. … And so footnotes and endnotes are found … under the References tab up here in the ribbon … inside of Microsoft Word. … And you'll notice here we have the button … to insert a footnote, … and here we have the button to insert an endnote. … And in this video, I'm going to focus on the footnote. … Endnotes are very similar, except the footnotes themselves, … or I should say the endnotes, … will appear at the end of the document … or the end of the section. …
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.