There are a few finishing touches you need to add to the exported PDF file after exporting from InDesign. See how in this video.
- [Instructor] Okay, so we've gone through a lot of things…inside of Adobe InDesign, as far as adding properties…and elements to facilitate the creation…of an accessible PDF file.…And the file that we're working with now,…which is the validating.indd document,…is kind of a collective group of properties…that we've added throughout this section.…So, let's take a look at where we're at…and what else needs to be done for proper validation.…
So, I'm going to go ahead and export this.…And I'm going to call this validating.…I'll just go ahead and save this in the 0620 folder.…And if I come over here, inside of Acrobat,…go to the accessibility area and perform a full check,…start checking, we can see, over here to left,…that we're left with very few issues to contend with.…The one that you're always going to have to address…is under the page content category…and that's the tab order.…
Unfortunately, InDesign can't define that…when the PDF is generated or at least it doesn't,…but the good news is, it's a very simple fix.…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.