Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Extract Word art graphics to use in Adobe apps, part of Managing Conversions Between Adobe CC and Microsoft Office.
- [Voiceover] There's lots of fun things…that you can do in Microsoft Word…with its own built-in art generation features.…You can make all sorts of cool graphs and things.…I just need to go to Insert, Word Art, and play…with all these kind of things, and there's lots of…other artwork and Clip Art and all…sorts of things that you can add, Smart Art.…Look at all these fun things.…I love it.…I created a file in Word with various kinds…of this kind of Word generated art.…This guy didn't come from Word 2016.…
It came from an earlier version of Word.…Word used to include Clip Art, and it doesn't anymore,…but I went ahead and placed it in here, and then…there's a chart from Excel, and then…just a regular picture.…I'm going to place this into InDesign to show you…which artwork works and which artwork doesn't, and I'm…going to jump over to InDesign and place it.…Now, if you're on Windows, you'll have to close…the Microsoft Word file first before you can place it.…On the Macintosh it's more forgiving.…I'll choose File, Place, and I'll find that Word art.…
She begins with an overview of the major differences between the suites and platforms and between Office for Mac and Office for Windows. From there, she breaks down common challenges such as importing and editing Adobe art and text in PowerPoint, using PowerPoint elements in Adobe apps, integrating Excel data and charts in Adobe apps, and more. Find solutions to your most common challenges, improve your workflow, and get the results you want.
- Understanding essential differences in the way Office and Adobe CC treat fonts, graphics, and color
- Using proprietary Adobe-to-Office conversion software
- Using the "secret weapon," Acrobat, to do conversions
- Editing Illustrator graphics in PowerPoint
- Extracting PowerPoint art for use in Adobe apps
- Creating InDesign tables from Excel spreadsheets
- Importing Excel data into Illustrator's chart worksheet
- Recreating InDesign layouts as editable Word files
- Converting Word art into high-res vector files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Essential Differences
Understand color differences6m 12s
2. Converting with Specialized Software
Use Snagit for screenshots4m 37s
3. Between Adobe Creative Apps and Microsoft PowerPoint
4. Between Microsoft Excel and Adobe Creative Apps
5. Between Adobe Creative Apps and Microsoft Word
Next steps2m 50s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.