Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring Object Export options, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
…Object Export options provide a way to not only add alternative…text, but also a way to remove content from the tagging structure.…That's right, occasionally you'll want to remove an element…if you decide that you don't want it to appear.…In addition, you can add something called actual text to an…image in the event that you have a graphic that represents text.…Let's take a look, I'm beginning this video…with the export options InDesign file already open on…my computer, and I want to show you that if…I open up my Articles panel, you'll notice that.…
Say, for example, this graphic, is nowhere inside of this articles panel.…And if I come over here, we can see that this graphic is not in there either.…Now, this particular graphic should be.…So I'm going to go ahead and drag that in there.…We'll put that in article1.…That will work for this case.…And what I'm also going to do here is I'm just going to export…this to a PDF, so we can see what the result is.…So, I'll go ahead and export this.…We're going to go ahead and choose Adobe PDF print and…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.