Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating cross-references, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
…Cross references are a great way to link to other areas of an accessible PDF file.…Cross references are a little tricky to understanding in InDesign.…So let's take a closer look at how they…work and how they look in the resulting PDF file.…I'm beginning this video with the Cross References.indd file already open.…And what I'm going to do here, I want to navigate to the next page for a second.…And I want to show you that, what I want to do here…is I want to reference this text here that says, studying at Roux.…
And if I click inside of there, what I want you…to understand is the head3 paragraph style is applied to that text.…Now you may be asking yourself, well, why is this important?…Well, I'll show you because what we're going to do is, on the first spread,…way up here at the top where it says, in year one and year two.…I want to reference that test that is on the next spread.…So, here's what I'm going to do.…I'm going to go ahead and open up the Cross References panel by going…to the Window menu, under Type & Tables, and I'm going to choose Cross References.…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
InDesign Insider Training: Interactive PDFswith David Blatner2h 22m Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.