Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating bookmarks in InDesign, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
…Bookmarks provide an additional method of navigating through a document, and can…provide a glimpse at the overall content found in the resulting PDF document.…Bookmarks can be created directly in InDesign, and…will pass on to the exported PDF file.…Let's go ahead and take a look.…Now beginning this video with the…bookmarks.indd file already open on my computer.…And what I'm going to do is I'm going to open up the bookmarks panel.…Which we can find by going to the window menu <…Interactive Bookmarks and we'll move this over to the side for now.…
So, the bookmarks panel is pretty cool because it really just…captures the current state of the document as you're viewing it.…So, in the bookmarks panel I'm just going to go…ahead and click on this create new bookmark button.…As you can see, it puts a bookmark in here.…Now I'm just going to call this brochure,…outside.…Fix that there.…And then I will jump over to the next spread.…And I'm going to click the Create New Bookmark button.…And I'll call this one, Brochure Inside.…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.