Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a PDF using PDFMaker (Windows only), part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
…In this chapter, we're going to be using a feature called the Adobe…PDF Maker to test features that are added to the Microsoft Word files.…When you install Acrobat on a Windows computer, it adds…functionality to other applications on…your computer, namely, the Office applications.…One of these added features is the PDF Maker, which appears as a…separate tab in the ribbon at the top of the Microsoft Word interface.…The PDF maker is an important little component…in the realm of creating an accessible PDF…file because without it creating a tagged PDF…file out of Word would not be possible.…
If you're a user of Word on the Mac…platform unfortunately the PDF maker doesn't exist at this time.…Now I'm beginning with the PDF maker Word document already open on my computer.…And what I want to do is show you…the difference between creating a PDF the traditional way.…As well as creating a PDF using the PDF maker.…So I'm going to start by going to the file menu.…And I'm going to go ahead and choose Print.…And you'll notice that along with installing Acrobat, we get…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
InDesign Insider Training: Interactive PDFswith David Blatner2h 22m Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.