Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a PDF file from InDesign, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
…Although you may have created a PDF from InDesign in the past, an…accessible PDF out of InDesign requires a certain method of generating the file.…Not all methods work, so let's take a look at our options.…Now I'm beginning this video with the…CreatePDF InDesign file already open on my computer.…And we're going to walk through a couple of…methods because, in my experience, people use a variety…of different methods to generate PDF files depending…on the work flow that you are used to.…
So, one method that we can use to generate a PDF out…of InDesign, it's simply by going into the File menu and chosing Print.…And I'm just going to go ahead and click OK here, because…one of the common methods of creating a PDF out of…InDesign, is you can use the Print dialog box here to…print to a post script file and then distil that document.…Now, this is a very old way of doing it, but…believe it or not, certain workflows are still utilizing this method.…
And, what I'm going to do here is I'm going to save the time,…and I'm just going to cancel out of this, but I just want to let…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.