Bulleted and numbered lists created in InDesign are structured properly in an exported PDF file provided that they are created properly within InDesign. See how that is accomplished in this video.
- [Instructor] As you probably already know by now,…lists such as bulleted lists and numbered lists need…to be tagged in a unique way…so that they're properly read in an accessible PDF file.…So, it's important that when we create our content inside…of InDesign, that we build that content in the correct way,…so let's take a closer look at how we should do that.…I'm beginning this video with a Lists.indd file…open on my computer and I'm going to navigate…to page 12 of my document…that currently contains a pretty lengthy bulleted list…of content that I want to make sure…that it outputs correctly.…
So, I'm going to zoom in on this…and it's actually not very difficult at all.…As I've mentioned before, one of the keys…to successful accessible PDF output…is just properly using the programs…the way they were intended.…And a great example is that of a bulleted…or numbered list, so I'm going to click inside of one…of these bulleted items and the key here is…that if you come up here to your Paragraph Formatting…and come over here, you're going to notice…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.