A new feature in InDesign CC 2018 is that captions are properly tagged with their figures when generated properly. See how it’s done in this video.
- One of the new accessibility features in InDesign CC 2018…is the ability to create captions that are properly tagged…when exported to an accessible PDF file.…In this video, I'd like to show you how to do that,…and I'm beginning here…with the captions.imdd file already open.…And what I'm going to do is,…I'm just going to scroll down to the first page.…This is page four.…And I have this image of this group of employees.…
I'll improve my display performance here,…so we can see that a little bit better.…That's better.…What I want to do is show you how to use the caption feature…inside of InDesign.…The first thing you want to do, is up here in the Object menu,…I'm going to come down here to Captions,…and choose Caption Setup.…And this basically allows me to control…how this caption is going to be generated.…Now the cool thing about the caption feature…in InDesign is that,…what I'm basically doing to create the caption…is I'm grabbing information from the metadata of the image.…
I'm going to show you this.…I have Bridge open in the background, so I'm going to go ahead…
- What is accessibility?
- The screen reader experience
- Setting up Acrobat DC
- PDF remediation workflow
- Tagging content, including lists and tables
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and alt text
- Generating a PDF with Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Creating accessible PDFs from PowerPoint and Excel
- Adding hyperlinks
- Controlling tag and reading order
- Adding cross-references and tables of contents
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Accessibility in PDF Files
3. Make an Existing PDF File Accessible
4. Create an Accessible PDF File from Word
5. Create an Accessible PDF File from Powerpoint and Excel
6. Create an Accessible PDF File from Adobe InDesign
Next steps2m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.