Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Create InDesign tables from Excel, part of Managing Conversions Between Adobe CC and Microsoft Office.
- [Voiceover] Now let's talk about how to get data…out of Microsoft Excel…into Adobe InDesign.…A very common need.…Well, just as InDesign can import or place…Microsoft Word documents into text frames…and various images into image frames,…InDesign can also import spreadsheets.…It could be tab delimited text files, it could be CSV files,…or Excel files as I'm going to talk about in this video.…So here we're looking at an Excel file…that has three worksheets,…language, income, and country.…
There's really no data on income and country…but I just want to show how you can choose…between worksheets once we get to the import step.…On language, we've done some formatting here…in Excel to make it a little easier to read.…The text has been set to just cut off to run through.…It's not wrapping or anything like that…and we have some numbers indicating that…in the year 2000 and 2005, what the stats were.…Ok, now let's jump over to InDesign…where I have created a document called Case Study.…The idea being that you want to include a table…
She begins with an overview of the major differences between the suites and platforms and between Office for Mac and Office for Windows. From there, she breaks down common challenges such as importing and editing Adobe art and text in PowerPoint, using PowerPoint elements in Adobe apps, integrating Excel data and charts in Adobe apps, and more. Find solutions to your most common challenges, improve your workflow, and get the results you want.
- Understanding essential differences in the way Office and Adobe CC treat fonts, graphics, and color
- Using proprietary Adobe-to-Office conversion software
- Using the "secret weapon," Acrobat, to do conversions
- Editing Illustrator graphics in PowerPoint
- Extracting PowerPoint art for use in Adobe apps
- Creating InDesign tables from Excel spreadsheets
- Importing Excel data into Illustrator's chart worksheet
- Recreating InDesign layouts as editable Word files
- Converting Word art into high-res vector files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Essential Differences
Understand color differences6m 12s
2. Converting with Specialized Software
Use Snagit for screenshots4m 37s
3. Between Adobe Creative Apps and Microsoft PowerPoint
4. Between Microsoft Excel and Adobe Creative Apps
5. Between Adobe Creative Apps and Microsoft Word
Next steps2m 50s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.