Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Convert elements from InDesign to PowerPoint, part of Managing Conversions Between Adobe CC and Microsoft Office.
- [Voiceover] If you've decided…to recreate your InDesign file…as an editable PowerPoint presentation manually,…I have a great tip for you.…You're gonna love it.…I've already started this project.…Here in PowerPoint I've already brought in…my master page items.…Now I just need to start bringing in content.…The next step that I would do…would be to bring in the graphics,…and there are a few graphics in here.…Couple words about graphics.…You may remember from an earlier video…that really the most efficient way…is simply to select the graphic,…look at the Links panel,…and then right click on where that link is.…
You'll see it selected there,…choose Reveal in Finder,…and that will show you the graphic.…Then you can just place that into PowerPoint.…If you need to bring in all the graphics…from your InDesign file,…just find where your links folder is.…If necessary you could even select all these…and copy all the links from the Utilities menu,…Copy Links to, and then find a different place…in your production folder for the PowerPoint file.…
She begins with an overview of the major differences between the suites and platforms and between Office for Mac and Office for Windows. From there, she breaks down common challenges such as importing and editing Adobe art and text in PowerPoint, using PowerPoint elements in Adobe apps, integrating Excel data and charts in Adobe apps, and more. Find solutions to your most common challenges, improve your workflow, and get the results you want.
- Understanding essential differences in the way Office and Adobe CC treat fonts, graphics, and color
- Using proprietary Adobe-to-Office conversion software
- Using the "secret weapon," Acrobat, to do conversions
- Editing Illustrator graphics in PowerPoint
- Extracting PowerPoint art for use in Adobe apps
- Creating InDesign tables from Excel spreadsheets
- Importing Excel data into Illustrator's chart worksheet
- Recreating InDesign layouts as editable Word files
- Converting Word art into high-res vector files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Essential Differences
Understand color differences6m 12s
2. Converting with Specialized Software
Use Snagit for screenshots4m 37s
3. Between Adobe Creative Apps and Microsoft PowerPoint
4. Between Microsoft Excel and Adobe Creative Apps
5. Between Adobe Creative Apps and Microsoft Word
Next steps2m 50s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.