Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Convert Illustrator art into editable vectors in PowerPoint, part of Managing Conversions Between Adobe CC and Microsoft Office.
- [Voiceover] One of the most frequently requested how-tos…on the internet is how to edit Illustrator graphics…in PowerPoint.…Is it possible?…And actually yes it is, but only in Windows,…only on the Windows version of PowerPoint…can you do that.…Now Macintosh users there is a gnarly workaround…that I'll get to at the end,…but seriously this is a great reason if you need to do this…more than twice in your life,…to find yourself a copy of PowerPoint for Windows…or a best friend who's nearby that can do this for you.…
Let me show you how simple it is to do in Windows.…We are running Illustrator and PowerPoint…in Windows and we have a couple graphics…open in Illustrator,…I have this interesting looking compass graphic…and I also have a chart that was created in Illustrator.…Now the first thing that I would recommend you do…if the graphic is really complicated…is to select the graphic and choose expand…and you do that from the object menu.…Now I've already done that a couple times…to both these graphics,…but this command will help simplify the Illustrator graphic…
She begins with an overview of the major differences between the suites and platforms and between Office for Mac and Office for Windows. From there, she breaks down common challenges such as importing and editing Adobe art and text in PowerPoint, using PowerPoint elements in Adobe apps, integrating Excel data and charts in Adobe apps, and more. Find solutions to your most common challenges, improve your workflow, and get the results you want.
- Understanding essential differences in the way Office and Adobe CC treat fonts, graphics, and color
- Using proprietary Adobe-to-Office conversion software
- Using the "secret weapon," Acrobat, to do conversions
- Editing Illustrator graphics in PowerPoint
- Extracting PowerPoint art for use in Adobe apps
- Creating InDesign tables from Excel spreadsheets
- Importing Excel data into Illustrator's chart worksheet
- Recreating InDesign layouts as editable Word files
- Converting Word art into high-res vector files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Essential Differences
Understand color differences6m 12s
2. Converting with Specialized Software
Use Snagit for screenshots4m 37s
3. Between Adobe Creative Apps and Microsoft PowerPoint
4. Between Microsoft Excel and Adobe Creative Apps
5. Between Adobe Creative Apps and Microsoft Word
Next steps2m 50s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.