Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Controlling tag order, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
…As I've discussed in a previous video, tag order is…an important element when it comes to accessible PDF files.…If the tag order isn't correct the screen reading device will read it in…the incorrect order and the content won't make sense at all to the reader.…So how do we control the tag order in InDesign?…Well, let's take a look.…I'm beginning this video with the Tag…Order.indd file already open on my computer.…And the first thing I'm going to do is, I'm going to…export this to a PDF so we can see what we have.…
So I'll go to File and choose Export, and I'll save it as a PDF to my desktop.…And I'm just going to use the accessible PDF preset that…we created earlier, and I'll go ahead and click Export.…Now, if I open up my tags panel inside…of Acrobat, we'll go and expand all these tags.…What I want to do is I want to take a look at the order of the tags.…So we want to make sure if we click…on the option button, that highlight content is chosen.…And I'm just going to start tapping the down arrow key on my keyboard and…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
InDesign Insider Training: Interactive PDFswith David Blatner2h 22m Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.