Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video Checking and fine-tuning the remediated PDF, part of Creating Accessible PDFs (2014).
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…When you're finished remediating a PDF file, you always…want to run it through the accessibility checker to determine…if there are any additional elements that need to…be fixed in order to make the PDF file accessible.…So let's run the accessibility checker and see what we have.…I'm beginning this video with the…Checking.pdf file already open on my computer.…And I'm just going to go over to the Tools panel over here,…and I'm going to click the Full Check button under the Accessibility category.…So I'm going to go ahead and click Start Checking.…
And you can see that we have a couple of issues that have popped up.…So go ahead and go into the Alternate Text area.…And you can see that we have, it looks…like, two figures that do not have alternative text.…So I'm going to right-click on figure one, and I'm going to choose Fix.…And it says, okay, enter the fix here.…Enter the alternative text you want to have in here.…So, I'm just going to type in here, male…student sitting at his desk smiling at the camera.…
I'll say next, and then I'll type in…
- What is accessibility?
- Understanding the experience of users with visual impairments
- How to know if a PDF is accessible
- Creating a PDF with PDFMaker
- Adding metadata, bookmarks, and links
- Inserting alternative text
- Controlling tab and reading order from InDesign
- Creating cross-references in InDesign
- Adding tags, bookmarks, and alt text in Acrobat
- Using the Make Accessible Wizard
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
InDesign Insider Training: Interactive PDFswith David Blatner2h 22m Intermediate
1. Understanding Accessibility
2. Generating an Accessible PDF from Word
3. Generating an Accessible PDF from InDesign
4. Making an Existing PDF File Accessible
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.